Purpose and Mission
The Foundation’s purpose as stated in our Articles of Incorporation:
The Foundation is organized and shall be operated not for profit but exclusively for religious, charitable, and educational purposes within the meaning Section 501(c)(3) of the United State Internal Revenue Code. Consistent with, and in furtherance of, the Foundation’s charitable purpose, the Foundation’s mission is to serve and strengthen the people, parishes, ministries and apostolic mission of the Diocese of Helena. The Foundation shall accomplish its mission by, but not limited to, the following:
- Building and managing permanent endowments that provide an ongoing source of income to parishes and the Dioceses of Helena, with careful management, the resources entrusted to the Foundation continue to grow and that growth translates to improved financial sustainability to our Catholic ministries.
- Providing financial support through the Grant Program, the Foundation disburses it unrestricted financial resources to assist parish and Diocesan ministries.
- Disbursing funds in accordance with the wishes of donors and in accordance with the goals of the Foundation and applicable laws.
- Assisting donors and working with their professional advisors in developing both current and planned lifetime charitable giving strategies in order to minimize income and estate taxes and maximize a financial legacy in perpetuity for both their heirs and the Church in the Diocese of Helena
- Creating long-term funding solutions for programs and ministries for the Diocese of Helena.
“The Foundation for the Diocese of Helena, Inc. serves and strengthens the people, parishes, ministries and apostolic mission of the Diocese of Helena.”